Gaming captures/screenshots

Slap your video captures and screenshots in this here threaderino.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/253953355527880704/857820609018200094/Tower_2021.06.22_-_22.24.58.01-1.mp4

7 Likes

knuckle crack

4 Likes

I too feel anguish on this level that absolutely nobody likes.

4 Likes

Which halo game is this? I’ve only played through Halo 5’s campaign, but I’m about to play through the whole franchise in order (excluding Reach as I haven’t bought it yet), so I’m sure I’ll get to that level soon enough. Unless of course it’s from Halo Reach…

3 Likes

That one is Halo 3 (specifically the mission Cortana). It’s one of the last missions you play in it.

4 Likes

oh
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/253953355527880704/858169077746499604/Halo__The_Master_Chief_Collection_2021-06-25_21-45-06-1.mp4

4 Likes

Man, I need to get a capture card so I can get game screenshots from all my old consoles… I rarely play stuff on my computer anymore.

3 Likes

I really want to upgrade from my OptiPlex into something new and then make the ol’ girl into a capture rig with one card for 4K60, one that can do older junk like VGA/component, and then a P400 for H.264 encoding. Then after that get it all set up so OBS starts on login with replay started and have a really quick keyboard macro set up.

Right now my only consoles with any form of replay capture are the XB1X and PS4 Pro and the video both produce is uh… Garbage. Hopefully no issues would arise with HDCP primarily with the Xbox side of things since that’s what I use for media consumption on the ol’ boob toob.

But that’s not even close to happening so it’s a problem for future me.

4 Likes

That’s what I need right there. Literally the only console of 7 that I own that outputs through something other than Component is my Xbox 360.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Ah yes. I love when the police shoot at my destroyed car and it creates INFINITE DOORS

3 Likes

cough recommended to me by one handleshandyman or something along those lines.
StarTech HDMI, VGA, DVI, & Component Capture Card

5 Likes

Do note that I wouldn’t particularly recommend it for interlaced content, but it can be a pretty cheap gateway to VGA and 480p/720p60 captures if that’s what you need… when it’s not $140, anyways.

And on that note, me and my boyfriend played some Burnout Revenge. I gotta teach him to get better at this game.

5 Likes

You seem to play Burnout Revenge a lot. How would you say it compares to Burnout 3? I own both games, but I’ve never really given Revenge a try as I decided to play 3 first, and I’m still nowhere close to finishing it.

3 Likes

I’m super mixed on if I like it more than 3 or not. Which is, to say, it’s a damn good game.
First and foremost, Traffic Attack is legitimately the addition that sells the game to me. There’s just something therapeutic about ramming into traffic for as long as you can get time on the clock.
It also looks considerably better than Burnout 3 does - not that Burnout 3 is a bad looking game at all, but Revenge has less inconsistency in terms of visuals. Criterion did a better job of hiding the inconsistencies in this game than they did in 3.
My main complaint would have to be on performance. It no longer locks to 60fps (on PS2) as tightly as Burnout 3 does, although it’s still pretty good - just not great.

I’d recommend getting it on the Xbox or the Xbox 360, especially as the PS2’s native 480p mode is bugged to where the screen position just defaults to the top of the screen, rather than centering the 640x448 frame. I suspect this is a leftover of how Burnout 3’s 480p mode operates on the PS2.

4 Likes

Not really a screenshot since I can’t just, y’know, screenshot on an original Xbox, but uhhhhh I found a collection of 720p .xbe’s and well… Time to see how it handles Hit and run, GTA III, Voodoo Vince, and Spiderman 2 at 720p (already know how it handles Halo which is surprisingly ok given what it’s got to work with).

god i really need to upgrade to a new PC and make the ol OptiPlex into a capture bitch

EDIT: it has taken me 3 minutes to realize Hit and Run is one of the ones which doesn’t work on 64MB consoles. Oof.

EDIT2: it has taken me 6 minutes to find out that the only one which works is Halo. FECK.

5 Likes

This challenge sucks all of the ass.

4 Likes

Nothing’s more therapeutically fun than the very first event in Burnout Revenge - the Sunshine Keys Traffic Attack.
Today, you’ll see me attempt to get $5m in damages!

“Hey Jake, that’s not the Criterion Racer GT with the RenderWare logo on the windshield!” You’re right, it’s not! It’s the Logitech World Racer! Why did I choose this? Because it’s a really fast light car instead of a really fast super light car, which can get a fair bit more squirrelly and easier to drive up into the air than the light cars, like this and the Black Elite Racer.

And to get the show on the road, you need a good song to haul ass with… okay, maybe not, but it always gets me in the mood.

Unfortunately, Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold couldn’t save me this time in my conquest to get $5m in damages, as I tapped out at around $3.37m.

As it turns out, all I need is a sketchy Pennywise song to get me into that mood.

As it also turns out, a Fall Out Boy song can also save the day here.

I blew up with just over $5m in damages! See, guys? Edgy mid-2000s rock can assist you with things!

5 Likes

Sudoku! :grin:
'Chew mainly uses her phone for like, 3 things.

• Music! :partyparrot:
  • Incognito Interweb Shenanigans :eyes::sweat_drops:
  • Sudoku

Solved in 6 min:

Starts slow, faster solving from 1:15 onwards. :eyes:

Stats:

If anyone’s interested, it’s called Material Sudoku on the Google Play Store. Specifically went with this app over all other Sudoku apps, 'cos there’s zero ads. Dark mode is 'nother plus! :+1:

5 Likes

PS4 game dump

Planetside 2

A big convoy in planetside

Me and my friend enjoying the sunrise

farming simulator 2019

mostly me breaking the game

4 Likes