AllTrails Route: Bonelli Perimeter Loop

Total Distance: 9.6 mi
Elevation Gain: 1300 ft

Generic Scenery Photos:

Bruh.
My feet.
My freaking feeeeeeeeeet. :joy:

私は死んでいるですよ!!!

Hike started off at a good pace, actually. Kept an average 3 mph for the first 8 miles of the hike (until 9:40 AM). Once I hit 10:00 AM, my legs / feet went, “Nah, bro, we’re done.” :dedbodi:

…Excuse me?
Dafuq you mean “we’re done,” I’m stranded in the middle of nowhere and I still have 2 miles to go.

I guess 8 - 10 mi is my limit?
Thankfully, managed to walk-drag my ass back to the car with very much difficulty. :laughing:

Ah, if the name of the area sounds familiar (Bonelli Perimeter Loop), it’s 'cos it’s the place my friendos and I picnicked at last year (Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park). The place with the giant, angrey duckies. :derpdorp:

Last time, we mainly stayed near the lake area. 'Tis where all the scenic Puddingstone Reservoir puddle pics be, kek.

The Perimeter Loop doesn’t take followers down the lakeside path, but the northern side of the loop comes very close to the lake’s edge, and peepos are always free to take detours. Trail does take peepos through a variety of landscapes, tho. There’s the standard desert country fire road, but also a view of the neighboring highway, a dense foresty / woodsy romp, the lake (of course), and some twisty dirt path with too many trees that made me oddly uncomfortable (no pics, too busy cursing whomever decided it was a good idea to add this particular path to the trail, lol).

Anyway, leg day is done.
By that, I mean, my legs are done. :rofl:
Gotta mentally prep myself for fingers day tomorrow. :dedbodi:

Ah, also, had lunchies with friendo after a blessedly refreshing shower:

Nikutama Udon + Tempura (Shrimp + Chicken)
Udon > Ramen.
I… actually don’t particularly like ramen. I’d pick almost any other Japanese dish over it.
Also, it reminds me of instant noodles. :frowning:
Udon, though. Udon is :kissing_heart::ok_hand:

4 Likes