Sharp Objects & EDC Thread 🔪

My EDC.
From top left, clockwise:

My Berg Blades Golem, a big, chonky folding cleaver. It always gets a reaction from people whenever I need a knife.

My Hell-Bent Holsters Combat Wallet 3.0 in solid billet brass. As everyone who has ever lived knows at this point, I love brass, and this is a solid brass wallet with a titanium money clip and skid plate. Very nice.

My Leatherman Free P4. One side of the blade says “Don’t Tread On Me,” and the other side says “Gay and American,” because, well, of course.

My M&D MW07 Plus Leica 0.95 Editions. Amazing TWS earphones and they look sleek too. The battery life is absolutely massive, and seeing as I use them for upwards of 16 hours a day, that’s a huge plus.

6 Likes

I remade a EDC with a twist

I don’t have the exact items but.

I think this is cool.
Yes that’s my old school id that I blurred all of the stuff.
I could have a iphone 6s as a phone placeholder but I thought the 4 would cool
Yes I should have put things closer but I think this looks fine.

2 Likes

8 Likes

EDC as of 9/3/2021
Casio BGA152-7B1
NIMALIST Card Holder
Victorinox Huntsman
Car Keys + House Keys
Phone Case / Card Holder
FiiO FH5 + FiiO M5

(Previous EDC Post)

Casio BGA152-7B1

Pretty much a CASIO stan at this point. :laughing:

I’ve tried looking at other digital watches, but either their aesthetics don’t appeal to me or they’re packed with too many features that I find extraneous.

The watch is in a kinda rough state. Metal’s carrying a couple’a scratches, and the plastic’s got peeled-off patches here n’ there.

Phone Case + Card Holder

I’m finding it ironic how both of the items pictured are designed to cut down on wallet / pocket bulk, yet carrying the two of them combined is probably larger than a small wallet.

…Something something, 'Chew has derp ways of doing things. :derpdorp:

A’ight but the NIMALIST Card Holder is kinda neato:

The card holder’s profile is very slim, and the card dispensing thing is convenient.

Purchase is overall a bit disappointing, though.

• Money clip attachment is glued to the aluminum body, or stuck there with a strong double-sided tape. I’d be able to overlook that, if the piece was properly centered. The piece is not properly centered.
  • Latch at the bottom of the card holder feels scratchy when pulled. Whatever mechanism it uses, it doesn’t seem to be lubricated at all. It also feels plasticky and fragile.
  • Machining marks are visible around the card holder’s mouth and bottom.
  • Product received differs slightly from the product shown on the site. Product page’s image depicts a black money clip for the black variant, and the latch mechanism has a different shape.
    • To be fair, this one’s partly on me – I should’ve looked closer at the customer review photos. :man_facepalming:

Eh. I’ll try reaching NIMALIST’s customer support, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

FiiO FH5 + FiiO M5

Sooo…
I’m using the FiiO FH5’s stock cable for the first time since I purchased it, 'cos the BASN MC100 (aftermarket MMCX cable) died on me. The MC100 ended up fraying near the 3.5mm L-shaped connector. :roll_eyes:

While I kinda sorta disagree with the stock cable’s chrome + transparent appearance, I do appreciate it’s construction. A lot. There’s a significant, reassuring weight to the cable (might be annoying for ultralight packers, though), and the over-the-ear plastic – combined with the cable’s weight – conforms better around the ear compared to the BASN MC100.

It’s been close to a year, and I’m still enjoying my FiiO FH5 + M5 combo. :pepesaber:

For peepos interested in a portable AMP/DAC, unless a super small form factor is a requirement, I’d actually recommend looking at something else other than the M5. The M5’s interface is pretty clunky (especially when setting up playlists and handling non-English songs), and I reckon there’s more powerful / versatile options for the same price point.

6 Likes

Got a bunch of hand me down knafs.
So bottom of my recon 1.
Leatherman Micra.
Victorinox officer suisse
Victorinox 88

1 Like