Starting to plan my next audio equipment upgrade that I'll make a year from now

So I wanted to run my upgrade path by you guys to gather some feedback. As usual, Amazon.com.mx is the number 1 place to find audiophile equipment.

I’m looking at a pair of studio monitors that are just decent. These are for when I need to rest my ears from the headphones because I’ve found myself using them for over 8 hours a week.

I was thinking these. Thoughts? Amazon.com.mx

A friend of mine owns this pair and they sound really nice. And they’re only like $110.

I’m also starting to look for my next amp upgrade for next year. I think when I upgrade again I’m comfortable going up even to $500+ for the DAC + Amp and I’m looking for an absolutely mind bending musical experience. 頭がおかしくなるほどいい音を求めてます。

For this purchase I could buy from US based retailers since I’m planning it for many months from now. What would you guys recommend in that price range for my 6xx?

4 Likes

Speakers aren’t really a place you wanna rabbit hole. Those seem to be good enough for the money and market. So I wouldn’t say no to em.

Let me do a bit of homework on the DAC/Amp end.

5 Likes

Dope. That also made sense to me.

Edit: I probably don’t need it, but since I’m looking at nice things, I could look for a DAC that has a balanced output for the speakers. Do you think that’s worth?

3 Likes

The DAChole is the worst lol.
Mine was $2500 and it’s not $1600 better than the DAC it replaced lol.

4 Likes

LOL Ok I won’t spend $2500 for a DAC, but $900 as the highest end sounds reasonable to me. Not in this step though. There’s an intermediary between the mediocre Mono 111567 I bought for $100 and spending multiple thousands in equipment and that’s whee I’m gunning for.

Basically, give me the GTX 1070 of DAC/Amps (for the 6xx specifically)

3 Likes

Can you give me some idea of how much cost it adds to import something from the states?

4 Likes

When I bought my 6xxs I asked a friend who lives in northern VA to receive it and ship it to me. IIRC shipping cost was around $80, so I would only do it for expensive gear, naturally.

3 Likes

I wanted to ask about this before it gets buried. Anything good?

3 Likes

It won’t get buried, I have it scheduled lol.
I have a couple of options currently being double checked by my team of elitists lol.

5 Likes