[Build Log] Itsy bitsy teeny weenie black and orange InWin Mini-ITX

This isn’t really a proper build Log but I figured I’d post even though this will be a quick one.

Last February I moved to where I do now and the internet can be rough at times. It works okay most of the time but on occasion it can struggle with streaming movies and music and that is what inspired me to keep a local copy of my various media stuffs.

I figured the most practical way to do this was to build a Plex server. I’m missing out on the functionality of being able to view my media anywhere but having a local copy of everything on my home network is really nice as I no longer need to rely on my poopy internet.

I live in a little tiny cabin/cottage (cabbage?) and I don’t have very much floorspace to work with so for these purposes I decided to build my first mini-itx build.

My goal was to keep this build around $600 as that is what I told my wife I’d be able to build it for. After looking at current pricing a figured $900 was basically $600 and called it close enough.

Here is the list of parts I went with. A big thank you to @Damascus for helping me find a bunch of these parts.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600G
Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a-AM4
Ram: Patriot Viper Steel 8gb 3000MHz (1x8gb)
Mobo: ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AX
Boot Drive: Samsung 880 1Tb M.2 SSD NVMe
Storage Drive: WD Blue 2Tb 2.5" HDD
Case: InWin Chopin

Total price came in just under $850usd

Iron Giant for scale.

9 Likes