[Build Log] Tiny 5L TV Gaming/LLM Build [Version 2] - LZmod A24v5 - Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Case - LZmod A24v5
CPU - Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Cooler - Thermalright AXP120-X67
Motherboard - Aorus B650I Ultra
RAM - 64GB (2x32GB) G.Skill Flare X5 Series DDR5 6000
Storage - 2 x 2TB WD Black SN850X
GPU - Gigabyte RTX 4060LP
PSU - FSP 500W Flex ATX
Fans - 2x Thermalright TL-C12015

Here we go again, lol.

Due to a defect with the Minisforum BD790i in V1 of this build, I completely rebuilt my TV Gaming/Ollama system. This time I chose the Ryzen 7 7800X3D. @ $217 as part of a combo with the mobo and RAM, it was a no-brainer.

To go over the build process again, the LZmod A24v5 is slightly tricky. There are no instructions provided, but most of it was self explanatory. The order of operations matters. My preference is placing the correct standoffs first, installing exhaust fans, motherboard and FP cables, PSU cables, the PSU itself, and finally the GPU. That was the easiest path for me. If you go in the wrong order, you’ll have to backtrack. I recommend plugging in the PSU cables before the mobo gets covered up, unless you have the words smallest hands lol.

The 7800X3D is a rather well mannered CPU. Since X3D chips are sensitive to temperature and voltage, it comes with a 5,050MHz cap. This worked out nicely in this build since I didn’t really need to clamp down TDP or undervolt. The system stays mostly between 67-71C while gaming, spiking occasionally to low 80s. The GPU gets to its thermal limit depending on the game.

You’ll notice I used an AM5 contract frame in this build. This was to save myself some time in the future cleaning up paste. I didn’t do it for thermals or anything, so I did not test the efficacy in any way.

Acoustically, under gaming loads, the GPU and PSU fans do kick on. I cannot hear them only because the shelf this PC sits on is enclosed and exhausts its air out of the room with the rest of the components. If you were to build this system to use closer to you, the ENP-7660B-VK would be your friend. HDPlex’s passive options may also work depending on your hardware combo. My 250W fit in there, but the 500W didn’t leave room for the GPU.

Let’s be real though. Anyone who has a PC 5 liters or lower knows they’re in compromise land. I couldn’t be any happier with how this build turned out, ignoring the whole V2 thing lol.

3 Likes

Anyone who has a PC 5 liters or lower knows they’re in compromise land.

Tell that to the oversized FTW2 card that (spec wise) shouldnt fit in the Velka 5 V2 :triumph:

Seriously, fantastic work as always

1 Like