Time at Destination: 11:40 AM
Time on Return: 2:00 PM

AllTrails Map: Henninger Flats Trail

Total Distance: 5.5 mi
Highest Elevation: 2,500 ft

So.
Today, 'Chew learned that she’s hilariously out of shape. :joy:

Generic Scenery Photos:
Apologies in advance - the photos gets more terrible with time. Forgot to wipe the lens. :derpdorp:

I AM SO TIRED.

I used to think that I had decent stamina, having gone on multiple sightseeing trips / nature walks here and there around South East Asia.

Bullocks to that.
'Chew skipped all the leg days. :rofl:

Either the steep incline or overpacking – or both – severely exhausted me. We had to take so many rest stops for my sake that I felt slightly embarrassed. Thankfully, my hiking companions (friendo and her coworker) were super accomodating and kept the mood jovial.

The climb’s taxing on the legs, and – sort of as an extension of that – also tests emotional mood. There’s a goal, and there’s a path. You’ll get there if you grin and bear the strain.

Team morale was especially important, at least, IMO and in my case. Whining and grumbling brings everyone’s spirits down and makes the trip unpleasant. Also, had the feeling that friendo and her coworker were the super considerate sort, and if I showed any sign of illness or pain, that they’d consider cancelling the hike mid-way through.

That. Would. Suck. :neutral_face:
All that energy spent, and no goal and no bragging rights.

Well, we did reach our goal. :+1:
And I’m exercising my bragging rights! :triumph:

I climbed a 5.5 mi and 2,500 ft trail with my chonky wobbly jelly legs!!!

And after sweating buckets and burning all dem calories off:

Pastrami Chilli Fries
Whaddafuq.

:derpdorp:

Friendo’s coworker suggested we stuff ourselves with dirty, greasy, sinful slop after a good workout.

Curiously, the “chilli” isn’t spicy at all. :thinking:
Indulged in the bacon-cheese-chilli-potato mess above, and washed it down with an excessive amount of Sprite.

…Why did I eat any of it, I regret everything. :rofl:
It tasted decent, tho. As decent as junk food gets.

10 Likes