Outdoors Club!

I had to think about this one.

I think people know better than to even offer me something like this, so I can’t say I’ve ever had any gastronomy experiments passed off as food lol.

But it sounds immediately offensive.

1 Like

Henninger Flats Trail
Time at Start: 5:55 AM
Time at Destination: 7:05 AM
Time at End: 8:05 AM

AllTrails Route: Henninger Flats Trail

Total Distance: 5.4 mi
Elevation Gain: 1,400 ft

Generic Scenery Photos:

I friggin’ love hot running water. :weary:
Saturday morning was cold and rainy. Coming back to a hot, clean shower was .

2 Likes

I guess if exercise routes count…

The area around my apartment has a lot of sidewalks and pathways to jog down. Needless to say, I’ve been taking advantage of it.

Cold running sessions are really nice, to be honest. I need to remember to wear some running tights next time I jog in the day, as shorts are just a little too cold for this weather right now…

1 Like

Henninger Flats Trail
Time at End: 8:05 AM

Generic Scenery Photo:

4 Likes

Henninger Flats Trail
Time at Start: 6:00 AM
Time at Destination: 7:10 AM
Time at Return: 8:10 AM

Brief 'Chew Updates

• Roommate 1 and Roommate 2 may be moving out in the next month(s). Roommate 1 says it’s family-related (unplanned, seems like), Roommate 2 hasn’t said a reason but I’m guessing she’s either moving in with her sister eastwards or her BF in Texas.
  • Parks and Recreation is freaking hilarious. April and Ron are my favorites, I love how deadpan they are.
  • 2024 Mini-Resolution: Try to use less profanity in my speech. It’s been ramped up a lot since late 2023, and it’s not a habit I’m enthusiastic about. Being savage with words is fine. Swearing is just banal.
1 Like

Correct.

1 Like

Henninger Flats Trail
Time at Return: 8:00 AM

Have this photo of a random wind chime that appeared on this trail last weekend:

Was decently windy and it made a very light and pleasant chime during the early morning. :grin:

Update to Last Week’s Updates

• Roommate 1 may not be moving out after all?
  • 'Chew was hilariously freaking out over cookware for the entire week because Roommate 1 kinda owns most of it (mostly by default, since his friends / previous tenants moved out and left them here).
  • 'Chew now has 5-6 cookware things on her wishlist. Fuack. :weary:
1 Like

Henninger Flats Trail
Weekends: 2/10 & 2/17

AllTrails Route : Henninger Flats Trail

Hadn’t seen one of the regular hikers-friend-acquaintance-person for a while (since maybe Nov/Dec 2023?), but I saw her again last Sat! Super happy to see her again. :grin: Apparently she changed her hiking schedules to accommodate for family / life things. Asked me to pray for her and her son – personally not religious, but it wouldn’t hurt to hope / think of her wellbeing IMO.

And also one of the other regular faces stopped to talk to me for more than 5 secs and now I feel the need to remember his name (that’s my antisocial talking – he seemed like a decently amicable, socially healthy sorta fellow).

So, an update to mental notes:

+ An

Thank fheck for mental notes, I stared at that list for a good minute and was almost on the verge of forgetting names.

1 Like

Henninger Flats Trail
Time at Return: 7:55 AM

Generic Scenery Photos

1 Like