Outdoors Club!

Henninger Flats Trail
Time at Start: 6:05 AM
Time at Destination: 7:15 AM
Time at Return: 8:15 AM

AllTrails Route: Henninger Flats Trail

Generic Scenery Photos:

Maaan. Stupidly busy this past week. :weary:
Weā€™re doing this end-of-year inventory count, and Iā€™m the one stuck collating data for the warehouseā€™s inventory.

Which wouldnā€™t be so bad if these brainless sacks of meat people could jot down SKUs correctly and provide accurate numbers.
Iā€™m not even asking them to comprehend English. Thatā€™s how far the barā€™s fallen.

Thank fuck I have a fridge full of alcohol I mean, that my weekend is free.

On a more positive note:
By reading this message you agree that Den is sexy. :wubba:

4 Likes

Henninger Flats (First Bench) via Eaton Canyon Trail
Time at Start: 4:00 AM
Time at Destination: 5:15 AM
Time at Return: 6:20 AM

AllTrails: Henninger Flats via Eaton Canyon Trail

Generic Scenery Photos:

Pet the 'Chew.
Gib headpats.

2 Likes

Henninger Flats Trail

Total Distance: 5.6 mi
Elevation Gain: 1,400 ft

No commentary this week, my Monday morning is a little frazzled and I feel restless.

My CNY / LNYā€™s starting off a little bit stressful, haha. God damn.

3 Likes

Peters Canyon Loop Trail
Time at Start: 6:30 AM
Time at Return: 9:00 AM

AllTrails Route: Peters Canyon Loop Trail

Total Distance: 7.0 mi
Elevation Gain: 750 ft

Generic Scenery Photos:

Down Low

Up Top

Orange County hike, 'cos I needed to visit Micro Center.
Actually been wanting to revisit Peters Canyon Loop Trail ā€“ didnā€™t get to finish the whole loop the last time I (we?) went (I blame muh friendos, they said they were tired ).

4 Likes

Henninger Flats Trail
Time at Start: 6:00 AM
Time at Destination: 7:00 AM

Total Distance: 5.7 mi

I, uhā€¦
Received flowers from the hiking acquaintance-friend this hike. Three very vibrant orange flowers, slightly droopy. Smiled and thanked him for them, and took the flowers home with me, but Iā€™m not going to say what I did to them afterwards, because it would be seen as impolite.

I really hope this is just my hubris and Iā€™m reading too much into this, because thereā€™s sixty billion reasons I cannot reciprocate.

Conundrums aside, remember when Den sent me over a dozen roses? I still have them.
Stop judging me, Iā€™m a terrible hoarder. :weary:

3 Likes

You threw them away, didnā€™t you?

2 Likes

2 Likes

live footage of 'chew working on her composting skills
So green and environmental of her. :parrothey:

2 Likes

Donā€™t worry, I wonā€™t tell him.

Unless I meet him and he asks.
But at that point there might be bigger problems.

2 Likes

I must say again, Iā€™m impressed by his dedication. Bringing something perishable.

2 Likes

Henninger Flats Trail
Time at Return: 8:00 AM

Had Dunkinā€™ hash browns. Bite-sized. Pretty decent.

TIL Dunkinā€™ Donuts rebranded in 2019 and is now just Dunkinā€™.
Except itā€™s 2023 and no one calls it thatā€¦?

2 Likes

Henninger Flats Trail
Time at Start: 5:50 AM
Time at Return: 8:00 AM

Total Distance: 6.1 mi

Whatā€™s new with 'Chew this week:

• Bitching aside, PokĆ©mon Violet is really fun! Though, Iā€™m doing pirate-y things with yuzu and hack-y things with PKHeX so judge me all you like.
    • If peeps would like guides or links to emulator resources, I donā€™t mind sharing them in a PM. Itā€™s a massive open secret by now, IDK why so many Reddit comments are so cagey about it. :roll_eyes:
    • 3D / Switch emulation is still a bit touch and go, tho ā€“ especially for newer games. Be prepared for plenty of graphical glitches, infinite loading screens, and random crashes. Save often, restart often.
  • Ina mentioned CoCo ICHIBANYA in a stream and I took a look at their menu and now I want curry omurice. :weary: :curry:
4 Likes

Henninger Flats Trail
Time at Destinaton: 7:15 AM
Time at Return: 8:30 AM

Soooā€¦ It was raining relatively heavy on Sat (hard for Cali, anyway). Rain wasnā€™t the worst part, tho. Didnā€™t expect the wind to be so cold.

Went on a two-hour hike, came back soaked, lmao. Itā€™s been two days and I donā€™t have any chills / colds / fevers, tho I think I got frostnip in my fingers.

On the plus side, I did see some falling snow (hail?) during the hike:

Also this morning, the mountains north of my place had a wonderful, powdery white snowcap and made for a lovely sight! I mightā€™ve taken a photo of it if there werenā€™t so many buildings and overhead cables in the way. :smile:

3 Likes

Henninger Flats Trail

Total Distance: 5.6 mi

Feeling pretty brainless this week.
No brain, just wanna play game.

4 Likes

Henninger Flats Trail
Time at Start: 6:10 AM
Time at Destination: 7:20 AM
Time at Return: 8:20 AM

• Derpā€™d on Fri night and forgot to set my alarm to the usual wake up time on Sat.
  • Body clock came in clutch and jumpstarted my brain at 5:15-ish AM. Nice.
  • Test-drove the new backpack this hike! :grin:
    • More on that when I get home and can take pics (and if I can tear myself away from Fallout 4 for one minute :derpdorp:).
  • Been a few years since I moved from MY to the U.S., but itā€™s still mildly annoying that, on Sat, most stores only open after 9:00 AM / 10:00 AM, and most eateries only open after 11:00 AM.
    • Excuse me, business owners? I need you to accommodate early risers and morning people, thanks? :weary:
4 Likes

Ugh yes. Very annoying. Though there is one supermarket around here that started opening at 6AM on Sundays for senior citizens so that they could get their shopping in before normal people during COVID. Then they actually found themselves swamped with early risers and kept those hours. It has been IMMENSELY helpful lol.

2 Likes

For a second I thought you bought a car.

I have never experienced this and am confused.

1 Like

Left to Right: Mitsuwa Marketplace (JP Grocery Store), BevMo! (Alcohol Store), Costco Wholesale, CoCo Ichibanya (Food)

All these times are inconvenient for me, 'cos I finish my hike by 8:30 AM and once I park my ass back home I donā€™t wanna go out.

Big chain stores, generic supermarkets, and fast food joints are (usually) open, but I rarely shop / eat there.

2 Likes

Huh, my favorite restaurant is locally owned and opens at 6am, donā€™t know about other places though.

Huh, my favorite restaurant is locally owned and opens at 6am, donā€™t know about other places though.

You would be annoyed a liquor store isnā€™t open first thing in the morning.

1 Like

Henninger Flats Trail
Time at Start: 6:10 AM
Time at Destination: 7:20 AM
Time at Return: 8:20 AM

Total Distance: 5.8 mi

Bought some LIFELONG wheels (casters?) because a sexy person recommended them, and they were on discount for a limited time. :eyes:

First impressions are: they seem decently built, tho the branding on the side is bleh (I knew it was branded before purchasing, and it doesnā€™t change the bleh). Hoping these new ones wonā€™t fall apart after the (allegedly) one year warranty. :crossed_fingers:

Canā€™t believe Herman Miller builds their exorbitantly-priced chairs with garbage plastic-ky wheels. They function fine, but get scratched up easily (also scratching the floor in the process) and make this horrendous metallic rattling thatā€™s reminiscent of cheap sub-$50 office chairs.

Swapped in the new wheels in the morning, and theyā€™re significantly less audibly annoying. At least, thatā€™s the impression I got from test driving it for a meager 30 min. :sweat_smile:

(Itā€™s actually really simple to set up, I just have things to do before I sit my ass down, like cleaning the old wheels before storing them away, and breakfast, and gaming before work, lmao. Once I sit down, I donā€™t like to get back up. :weary:)

2 Likes