Pens and inks

Edit: while I’ll continue to update the list of pens and inks in my disposal, I’d like for this thread to be open to everyone who wants to talk about pens in general (not just fountain pens) instead of keeping it as an archive of my collection.

Cataloguing the pens and inks that I currently have, or once had.

Pens:
Ones I still have:

Jinhao x750 - M
Parker Vector - M
Parker Jotter - M
Parker IM - F
Lamy Al-star - M
Lamy Aion - EF
Jinhao 992 (Green) - F
Jinhao 992 (Blue) - F
Jinhao 992 (Brown) - F
Jinhao 992 (Orange) - F
Faber Castell School - M
Hero 330 - EF

Ones I don’t have anymore:

Jinhao x450 - M
Jinhao 159 - M
Pilot Metropolitan - F
Hongdian Black Forest Classic - F
Hongdian 6013 - F
Lamy Joy - Stub 1.1
Jinhao 992 (Clear/White) - F
Jinhao 992 (Black) - F

Inks:
Ones I still have:

Lamy - Blue
Lamy - Blue-Black
Lamy - Turquoise
Lamy - Green
Lamy - Red
Lamy - Bronze
Lamy - Black (Got another bottle)
Parker Quink - Blue
Parker Quink - Washable Blue
Parker Quink - Black (Cartridges)
Parker Quink - Blue-Black
Diamine - Oxford Blue
Diamine - Amber
Diamine - Oxblood
Pelikan 4001 - Brilliant Black
Pelikan 4001 - Royal Blue
Montblanc - Mystery Black
Montblanc - Modena Red
Faber-Castell - Royal Blue (Cartridges)

Ones I don’t have anymore:

J. Herbin - Perle Noire
Lamy - Black
Diamine - Aurora Borealis
Diamine - Meadow
Diamine - Imperial Purple
3 Likes

Scans of the ink swatches, just to provide a general sense of what they look like, this is not meant to be an accurate representation of what the ink looks like in real life or its properties.

Diamine

Diamine - Meadow
Diamine - Oxblood
Diamine - Amber
Diamine - Aurora Borealis
Diamine - Imperial Purple
Diamine - Oxford Blue

Lamy

Lamy - Bronze
Lamy - Green
Lamy - Black
Lamy - Blue
Lamy - Blue-Black
Lamy - Red
Lamy - Turquoise

Montblanc

Montblanc - Mystery Black
Montblanc - Moderna Red

Parker

Parker Quink - Washable Blue
Parker Quink - Blue
Parker Quink - Blue-Black

Pelikan

Pelikan 4001 - Brilliant Black
Pelikan 4001 - Royal Blue

3 Likes

Since I can’t seem to edit the previous posts.
New pen(s):

Parker Sonnet - F

Edit:
Been using this pen almost exclusively since getting it and I have two main points;

1. It’s probably the best feeling pen I own; I really enjoy writing with it that I’ve ignored all of the other pens I have that are currently inked.
  2. It’s a very thirsty pen; I have to refill it every other day or so. Don’t know if it’s just too wet or if it’s because of the capacity of the converter, but damn. Chugs like a camel in heat.
2 Likes

New Pens:

Hongdian N7 (Blue Peacock) - M
Hongdian N7 (Grey Rabbit) - M
3 Likes

Found a used Montblanc Meisterstück Classique for sale for ~$209 (retails for ~$730), the only issue is that it’s damaged and I’ll need to get the barrel replaced and probably get the nib looked at.

Might check it out tomorrow after work to make sure that it’s authentic but still wary about the repair costs. Here’s hoping that it doesn’t cost nearly as much as a new pen does :sweat_smile:

Wanted to get one as a graduation gift for myself back in December/January, but decided to get a camera instead, so if all is well, it’ll be one more item off my bucket list :crossed_fingers:

Update on my collection so far:

• Bought two more bottles of ink from Montblanc, Homage to Robert Louis Stevenson & Cool Grey
  • Gave away my Lamy Al-Star to a colleague.
3 Likes

Update #1:
Bought the pen about 2 hours ago. After inspecting it, and based on my little-to-no knowledge, the pen appears to be authentic. Took it to the Montblanc store and they told me the same thing, so that’s pentastic.
Kept the pen with them for repairs and nib alignment, gonna find out how much the service will cost in about a week.

Welcome to my collection, baby snow peak :hugs: :mountain_snow:

2 Likes

Update #2:
Good news and bad news.
Just received the confirmation letter, the repair will cost around $90 :slightly_smiling_face:
The delivery time is around 8 weeks :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Update #3:
The pen is estimated to arrive on the 22nd of June, according to the repair tracker.
In the meantime, I ordered a converter for it 'cause the pen didn’t come with one, but I wasn’t given an ETA for that. Also tried to order a bottle of ink, either Midnight Blue or Glacier Blue, but they might not be in stock in my country or the neighboring country.

2 Likes

What’s a pen converter?

1 Like

Most fountain pens require a separate piece to hold ink, this can be done using cartridges or converters. A cartridge is a onetime use item where you insert it into the pen then replace it after the ink runs out (unless you want to refill it with a syringe), while a converter can be used to fill the pen from ink bottles directly.

Here’s a video that shows examples of the different ways that fountain pens can be filled.

1 Like