The Car Talk Thread of Talking (or Something Like That)

What’s the Saab doing?

1 Like

Sitting in a garage for the times I drive it. I actually got to drive it today, funny enough. I had to tear apart the passenger side of the interior to replace the dead amplifier… only to realize that I need to get some new speakers.

1 Like

Why aren’t you using it to daily drive?

1 Like

Me now that I know how much the repairs are going to cost:

2 Likes

Just got my GMT800 Z71 suburban up and running after years of sitting. The last good generation of trucks GM made; everything after that has been pretty mid. Surprisingly all it needed was new tires battery and rear brakes so far. Thing has a damn TV in the headliner :joy:. She’s definitely a gas guzzler though a solid 209k miles isn’t helping the mpg. Will probably run it to the ground and use it as a work truck since when you fold down the rear 2 rows of seats it’s enough space to carry 4x8ft drywall and plywood sheets etc. the rust on it is definitely starting to get bad cosmetically in some areas but frame still seems solid.

2 Likes

nice, GMT400 is my favorite, but I’ve started liking GMT800 for some reason.

1 Like

GMT400 are Tanks but GMT800 are the perfect balance of modern comforts while still being reliable. both are def better the modern trash GM puts out

2 Likes