Can’t freaking breathe on LTTF without the topic derailing, for motherfreaking fuck’s sake.
Bit of a long shot, not sure if anyone here’s weeb enough.
Question for all the weebs out there.
Specifically, weebs that have bought official merch or such n’ such from Japan.
I’m interested in purchasing some merch from NijigenCOSPA. The problem is, they don’t do international shipping, and – as an alternative – suggest using a third-party forwarding service for international buyers.
Also open to alternatives to NijigenCOSPA that ship to the U.S. For the nitty-gritty details, I’m looking at ゆるキャン△ / Yuru Camp △ / Laid-Back Camp merch:
I’m aware that some of the items are on back-order.
Edit: Did a bit of digging around, and Goods Republic seems to carry said items in-stock, and they ship worldwide. Probably going to go with them, unless someone voices a strong objection.
Internet has suggested the following forwarding services:
- Big in Japan
- Baggage Forward
This is probably the only instance where I don’t particularly care how much shipping costs are between competitors. So long as nothing’s missing, and all the items arrive in tip-top condition, I’ll be satisfied.
Which third-party forwarding service(s) have you used, and how was your experience with them? Say:
- The wait time between placing the order and receiving the package.
- Any nuances with payments – paying in USD or Yen, conversion rates, import duties, additional customs fees.
- Whether a tracking number was included, and if said tracking was on-point. Or if the tracking abruptly changed / stopped for any reason (e.g. switching carriers in the U.S.).
- Whether there’s any limit to how much or how heavy the order should be.
- If the package was lost or damaged, was there any form of buyer protection or reimbursement?
Thanks in advance?