[Build Log] Owari - Skyreach 4 Tiny SFF Build

Figured I would try to actually log the build rather than just post a clean and tidy piece after it was done. This build name translates to “The End.” The end it signifies is the end of my time on the LTT forums.

Parts

AMD Ryzen 5 4600G 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Gigabyte B550I AORUS Pro AX AMD AM4 Mini-ITX Motherboard
Thermalright AXP-90R Full Copper Low Profile CPU Air Cooler
Noctua NF-A9x14 HS-PWM chromax.Black Fan
1TB Gigabyte Aorus NVMe PCIe Gen4 SSD
32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo @ 3600MHz CL16
Not From Concentrate Skyreach 4 Tiny SFF Case
HDPLEX 200W DC-ATX + 400W AC-DC Ver 3.0 Power Supply

8 Likes

Images so far:

At the start of this build, I didn’t really know what I was going for, just got a 4600G in a trade for a 1TB Gen 4 NVMe drive, and kind of went from there.

7 Likes

A few changes from the start of the build.
Thanks to @Damascus, I was put in touch with Josh from Not From Concentrate.
He was putting out another Edition of his Skyreach 4 case, the Skyreach 4 Tiny.
I had never done something this small, so I was all for it.
When I got the case, I had NO idea I was going to be the first to get a production version.
That was super neat. This necessitated a smaller cooler, so I chose the AXP-90R and swapped the… interesting… stock fan w/ a Noctua Chromax.

This pairing is a bit odd, but neither the 200 or the 400 set were available complete, so I got what they did have, which works out because the 400W DC-ATX would have been too large with an ITX board.

7 Likes

Along with the S4T, I chose a few options. This custom sleeved anti-vandal power button, a custom sleeved power cord, and this beautiful walnut bezel. The anti-vandal button has the be one of the most tactile things I have ever pressed, and I want a whole keyboard full of em lol.

I figured I would pull this case apart and check fitment before putting everything back together. Fun fact: I spend 51 seconds looking for the i/o shield before remembering that it was integrated lol. Every was going smoothly, then BAM! Brick wall.

You see, I have production case #1. There is no product page at the moment and there isn’t yet a manual. There is but one video where Josh runs through various bits of info on config. In there he says a 200 watt DC-ATX would work with the 400 watt AC-DC, the 400 DC-ATX being too large with an ITX mobo. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on those because the 200 watt AC-DC brick is out of stock for an undetermined amount of time. It doesn’t even try to estimate. After I mocked everything up, I realized the 400 watt brick meant there was no room for the power button in this config. Power buttons are important, so… now I need to wait.

7 Likes

Sexy walnut.

7 Likes

The funny part about having the first production case is that I had absolutely no idea that it was. I flipped the walnut bezel over after unboxing the case and it was signed and numbered 001/100. Such a cool thing.

Nothing going on in terms of progress, but I did close it up and take some glamour shots since the outside isn’t really going to change from now til the HDPlex 200 DC-ATX comes back in stock.

7 Likes

:beers:

6 Likes

Well, the HDPlex 200W AC-DC isn’t going to be in stock any time soon. For now, I ordered a 240 Watt Dell power brick, and the DC-ATX comes with this nifty little adapter so that I can use it like that.

But the running theme of this build has been How bout nah… so of course that doesn’t really work lol. The spot intended for the external brick adapter is blocked by caps. Luckily washers exist, so I should be able to get this build done for now in external power form. The Dell power brick and black PVD coated washers should be here Wednesday.

8 Likes

Power brick came a day early! It is ummm… chonky lol.
This is why I wanted the HDPlex 200W AC-DC. This thing is silly.
But hey… perhaps it will be back in stock one day.

It took two danbos to handle this one.
Such good boys.

9 Likes

Just two washers away from being “complete.” Those should be in this evening.
The power brick is annoyingly large, but hopefully, the internal HDPlex restocks soon.

8 Likes

At first I was like “Why is Den so annoyed by the external power supply? You just shove it behind your desk and forget it exists.”

Then I saw this picture and realized it’s like half the size of the PC itself… Yikes.

4 Likes

It is legitimately capable of pulling the PC off the desk lol.

5 Likes

And with this 1 little washer, I hereby call this build completed!

Thanks for reading along with me. Make sure you like, share, and SMASH that subscribe button!

10 Likes

5 Likes

I’m just going to say that I 100% blame you for pulling me into the SFF rabbit hole, and thank you.
Not going to spend NFC kind of money, and frankly a build as small as the S4M would likely be beyond my current skills, but I love the look of the final build nonetheless.

6 Likes

See… now it wasn’t your fault before because you didn’t know Den was a bad influence, but now that you’re in Den’s house of your own free will, this is no longer Den’s fault. :denmode:

5 Likes

Your logic is unassailable, and yet still cruel.

5 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes