Time at Destination: 5:40 AM
Time at Return: 6:30 AM

AllTrails Route: Henninger Flats Trail

Total Distance: 2.8 mi
Elevation Gain: 600 ft

What’s New with 'Chew:

• Did not have to go in for jury duty.
  • Working this weekend as well. :unwobble:
  • Intermittently working on getting Proxmox installed on the system. Every one step I take forward, it’s like, five steps back.
    • Issue 1: No Video Output after selecting “Install Proxmox VE.”
      • Fix: Launch “Install Proxmox VE (Debug Mode)” with nomodeset.
    • Issue 2: Installation would hang up on nvme nvme0: controller is down: will reset: CSTS=0xffffffff, PCI_STATUS=0xffff
      • Fix: Launch “Install Proxmox VE (Debug Mode)” with nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=5500.
    • Issue 3: Installation would hang up on Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specify busIDs for all framebuffer devices.
      • Fix: Figure out what the BusID for the driver is with lspci| grep -i vga, then create a .conf file in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/ with the BusID in place of xx:x:xx below:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "Card0"
    Driver "fbdev"
    BusID "pci0:xx:x:x:"
EndSection
  • Issue 4: Proxmox installation GUI runs off the screen.
    • Workaround: Use tab to blindly navigate, spacebar to check boxes, and enter to click on off-screen buttons.
  • Issue 5: Can’t reach https://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8006/ to finish setting up Proxmox.
    • Still investigating this issue. It is definitely not because https:// or :8006/ was neglected in the address bar, or that 192.168.100.2 was set as the IP address.
    • Uncertain if it’s because the IP is already in use by something else, if I borked the network configurations during the Proxmox install, if it’s a network connectivity thing, if it’s a preemptive browser security / firewall thing, or if it’s something else entirely.

I’m going through a lowkey existential crisis (don’t worry, it’s happened before) and wondering if I simply suck at computers.

The fixes work, but I’m wondering how these Internet people even figured any of this jargon out.

2 Likes